Subsidised Schemes

Government subsidised hearing loss Schemes

Office of Hearing Services Scheme

The Australian Government Hearing Services Program provides eligible people with free assessments, free or subsidised hearing aids or assistive listening devices, maintenance and rehabilitation services. 

Are you eligible for funded OHS services?
You are eligible for the program if you are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident 21 years or older and you are: 

  • A Pensioner Concession Card Holder
  • Receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
  • The holder of a DVA Gold Card issued for all conditions
  • The holder of a DVA White Card issued for specific conditions that include hearing loss
  • A dependent of a person in one of the above categories
  • A member of the Australian Defence Force
  • Part of the Australian Government funded Disability Employment Services (DES) - Disability Management Service and you are referred by your Disability Employment Services case manager. 

Reduced Price Scheme

Expression Audiology provides adult hearing loss prevention and management services at a reduced cost (conditions apply). The reduced price scheme is a special service funded by Vicdeaf for individuals who are not eligible for other subsidised hearing products and services and are on low incomes.

To be eligible for the reduced price scheme, you must hold a current Centrelink Health Care Card, or be able to demonstrate gross annual earnings less than the  income levels listed below.

  • $34,905 for singles
  • $60,320 for couples with no dependants
  • $60,320 for singles with 1 dependant + $2,210 for each dependent child

(REFERENCE: Maximum gross income to retain a Low Income Heath Care Card - income test as at 1 January 2017. Click here to learn more).

Seniors Card

Expression Audiology is happy to provide a discount on new hearing aids (conditions apply) for holders of either a Victorian Government Seniors Card or a Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card.

Please contact us for help accessing these free and subsidised services or contact your nearest clinic for more information.